Sunday, February 10, 2013

Entry # 31: All I can say without violating HIPAA! :)


This past week was all sorts of wonderful.

I survived my first few days of clinical rotation! Praise the Lord. I absolutely loved it! Going into last week, my feelings were a mixed bag as I found myself eager to finally experience hands-on patient care, while at the same time, doubtful of my ability to carry out and remember each step of the nursing skills I had learned last quarter. 

At the end of this week, I can only say that I am blessed beyond measure.

 This week I found myself physically tired from my 4:45 a.m. mornings (thank God for coffee!!!!), emotionally drained from sharing in the experiences of my patients (not gonna lie. there was lots and lots of crying after leaving my clinical site [and also lots of praying and singing!]), and mentally exhausted from juggling my clinical days with  midterms and skills check-offs (lots and lots of zoning out in class. oops.). But I also found myself with so much joy because I see God using this time to teach me to depend on Him, to hope in Him.

This week I find myself rejoicing in the fact that I have never been more sure that nursing is the occupation that He has intended for me.

I have never been so confident that God has foreordained and planned every little detail of my life--from the family I was born into, to past trials, to the timing of when I got into nursing school, to which patients I happened to interact with, etc. etc.(everything about me!) to utilize them for my good and His ultimate glory. I saw Him at work this week! And this gives me great confidence in the plans He has for my future. 

 (I wish so badly that I could explain and say more in detail, but I'm trying to be very sensitive about not violating HIPAA!)

 I feel so, so blessed, to be walking this journey and I am incredibly thankful for the hope that only Christ offers.


Have a blessed week,

-A

PS- I just realized, I really like to use parentheses! (If you haven't already noticed).

No comments:

Post a Comment